Monday, December 29, 2008

Gold

You know, being in a relationship really makes this whole God thing click some more.

It really does.

I mean, the simple pleasures of holding her hand or laughing until I cry, or simply being with her are spectacular and it makes me think I understand God's love for me. But the incredibly beautiful thing is that any love in my heart pales in comparison to God's love for me.

Think about it. If I think it is so awesome to spend time with her, try to fathom the magnitude in which God takes pleasure in simply being with me.

Think about it this way: God is the creator of hate, and he hates what he hates more passionately than any other being because, as the creator of hate, he knows the full magnitude of what hatred can consist of.

Thank God he doesn't hate us.

In fact, you can just replace all of those hates with loves.

So in short, no matter how passionately I may ever think I love somebody,
God's love ultimately will be a million times more intense.

Anyways, I was not writing this for the sake of making some sappy thing.
I hate that sort of thing.

I am actually being serious, though. I was thinking about it recently.
I really think God really made marriage a metaphor with our relationship with him.
It gives us an slight idea of how he feels about us.

I was just making some connections, really.

I hope that made sense and you were not like:
Seriously? I Do not want to read about your friggin girlfriend.

Jonathan

2 comments:

Never_Forsaken said...

nice post Bro. I like how you said to change all the hates to loves it kind of makes more sense to me that way. God is love and therefore love exists. Since he is love he cannot hate we just can never love, as you put it, as passionately as he does and we therefore create a feeling of what we call hate. in other words hate becomes the realization of God's love and that realization combined with the part of our human nature that wants to be equal to God in a way, creates a feeling of insignificance. We resign to that insignificance and accept the Love that is God as too great for us to comprehend. In turn we make our own word for inequality. And history repeats itself again :P. Nice blog , glad to see your happy :D

Kelsey said...

:]