Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beggar

I have been reading Crazy Love.
There is one part that goes like this:

God tells the priests that if they don't want to give Him Excellence, others will. God says His name will be great among the nations. Right now a hundred million angels are praising God's name; He certainly doesn't need to beg or plead with us.
We should be the ones begging to worship in His presence.

That caught my attention. I should be begging to come in His presence.

Now, I do think that God is approachable. I mean, he did humble himself into a human and became a servant. Little children ran to him. That seems pretty approachable to me. But God is also this incredibly powerful and overwhelmingly mighty. I tend to miss out on having a certain reverence for such a being.

I also like this part:

I want you. And even if I don't want you, I want to want you.

I also think that is a cool idea. Because in reality, I do not always want God every day. But I know I cannot let that stop me from chasing him ever day. I want to want him every single day of my life.

I am going to be with my brother now :)
I hope you are all doing well.
Jonathan

No comments: