Friday, December 12, 2008

Formality

Gotta be honest, I have never been crazy about the idea of formality.

It always seems so fake.
Even if nobody is trying to, it seems to turn out that way.

I mean, I am not saying its bad necessarily, I just personally cannot stand it.

I cant see any real reason why somebody would dress in a suit besides
the fact that you are wearing it to show how much money you have.
It isn't comfortable nor does it keep you warm.

Girls are different because they like to look what they call nice.
I dont get what nice really is because it is all opinion really.
Nobody can look nice to everybody, so why not just stand on equal terms for once?
Too bad that will never happen.
We all want to be better than everyone else.
I dont see how I am much better than anyone else.


I really hope I never get caught up in the corporate world and in
the fancy lifestyle. That would be a sad day really.

I dont really know why I signed up for the Formal, honestly.
I cant do it.
Haha, I cried after prom last year, the whole thing kills me so much.
Actually, I was going to go, but I just wasn't feeling great, and then the
girls got to talking about it all during lunch. It all felt so gross.
"I cant wear that mom! I wont look pretty enough!"
Crap like that makes me want to slap people sometimes.

Not saying that I am perfect and am not selfish, etc...far from.
I just try to see things with the most transparency I can.

I hope you all had fun, though! I really do.

Anyways, I do not need comments about how it isn't all bad, ect. because I know it all.
I am just being opinionated.
I feel like Holden from Catcher in the Rye sometimes, if you've ever read it.

"So this promise I will make, I pray God will help me keep, is that I will live simply so that others may simply live."
-One Life by Jake Sumner

Jonathan

No comments: