Sunday, November 2, 2008

Content

Sorry about that last post. As much as I think that's true, basically last week I let all of the bitterness about everything I had spill out into a great depression. It was pretty bad, not gunna lie. 
           But-
I worked it out and talked to God and I feel better about it all. :)
 It's always nice feeling better after not feeling good at all.
Kind of like after being sick-you always feel way better, when in reality you just are back to normal, if you think about about it.

       Anyways, I'm back on my feet again walking!

Today, I was really thirsty after singing at SLAM, so I got some water. When I went out, I  saw David and Kate, so I talked to them instead of hearing Aaron's talk. 

They talked a lot on their future, and honestly, it makes me feel better that they don't even know the exact direction they're taking when they're a few years older than me. But they know they want to be in ministry.

Which is kind of crazy, for me really-Ministry I mean.        
Like I always think of my future and I'm like: 
      "I want to serve God for a living, but I don't know if ministry is for me."
That's kind of an oxymoron because serving God for a living basically is ministry. 

And you're probably like "Jonathan, you're retarded for not considering that earlier," and I'm like "You're right, but I don't really care because I finally figured it out!" :P
       (and not retarded, I mean stupid, because it's not nice to call retarded people retarded because that's not very nice because some people are really retarded and can't help it).
Anyways, so I guess I've been looking into ministry my whole life and never knew it! 
                   Crazy, huh?
Jake said I could intern with them if I wanted, after I graduate. Actually, I'll be kind of a not-intern at Shift in a few months leading worship and helping out developing SHIFT students develop into worship leaders. 
I'm getting really excited about that, but still learning how to do it all first.

It's times like this I'm actually excited about my future. 
    And so what if I don't know about school or what to study yet.
        I'll worry about all that when it's time(or when I freak out again)-
but for NOW I will be CONTENT.

-Jonathan

3 comments:

Jake Sumner said...

Just found your blog today - really enjoying it! Keep it up - there's real good stuff here!

Unknown said...

i'm glad i got to spend some time with you on sunday. :) i miss getting to talk to you.

Kate Fields said...

ok, so the comment from philip was really me, i just had not realized that my friend had used my computer to check his blog earlier. sorry, that wasn't supposed to be creepy.