Monday, October 27, 2008

Justice

I seriously can get pissed at the school system sometimes.
                    Most the time actually.
                        Actually, I'm pretty much against the system to be honest(call me a rebel).

But it's not a matter of 'school sucks' or 'it's for fags' as much as it is unjust.
       And I feel justified in being against something that is unjust.

Think about it:
           Year after year I see CP kids that the world views as retarded try desperately hard to pass and fail, then end up working some crap job.
           Yet year after year there are kids who barely try, and even sleep during class who are considered 'gifted'(whatever that means), make straight A's and the world applauds their laziness with lofty jobs and free rides to college.

Unjust? I think so.

Not saying that I'm the hardest working kid on the planet, but I try just as hard, if not harder than some of my friends who are in AP and gifted classes. 
        That being said, I generally attempt all the work and always ask questions, so I'm not a slacker either.

It just wears on me that I wake up to this every day, and honestly,
          It sucks the joy that I'm supposed to have in Christ every day.

And I wish it didn't, but it does.
        I pray it won't, but it seems it always will in some way.


          Every year I'm told that  everyone should take at least one AP class and join a few clubs. For what? 
             Why?
               Doesn't that take away from the 'advanced' part of it?
It sounds an awful lot like school politics to me. It sounds an awful lot like they want our school to look better than all of the other schools. They're just clever about it.
          
And I seem to be the only person who notices all of this is happening while students eat all this crap every day for their entire school career.

All this said I am thankful that I have an education. 
      But a big part of me would rather have no schooling than an unfair one, to be honest, because I'm sick and tired of being judged on the scale of my ability to take a friggin' test.

"Damned when our dreams don't get realized
  Damned when we're found out by all our petty lies
  Damned when our plans fail; damned when people try
  Damned when I can't see the truth through these jaded eyes

And more than I want to see, I need to hear
Someone tell me somehow...that it's gunna be alright...
Tell me it's gunna be alright..."
                -The Cobalt Season: Glory
       By the way, you should check these guys out-they're one of my favorite bands, and I emailed the lead singer to ask him about how he got where he is and stuff. He emailed me back and seems to be a pretty nice guy.

1 comment:

Joshua Harkey said...

how CAN anyone else see it? the world values strange things... like performance in school. to the world it means everything...

it's just a game though.
and whatever the "winners" get will pass away.

just play the game.
why?
Colossians 3:23

winning and losing their game doesn't matter...
you're working for God, not them.