Sunday, June 1, 2008

I have a dream...

I've been thinking some about my future recently.
Which is weird for me.

So I kind of started imagining where I wanted to be or wanted to do.

I've had this dream of like living in a small house with my wife, and we'd 
be in a band together. When we were around the house we'd be writing music
together. I thought it would be like the perfect idea, you know. It would be a simple
lifestyle, I would do something I would love. It would be wonderful.

But the more I've thought about it, the more I've come to realize, maybe, that these
are just my dreams for myself. And maybe that's not a bad thing-maybe God gives me dreams so I have something to aspire to. But maybe, and I'm thinking more likely, this is my own dream as opposed to God's dream for me. Or God's plan-whatever word you want to use. You get what I'm saying though?

It's like, I shouldn't live for my own dream of what life should be. I'm supposed to give it up for the sake of my God's plan.
Just because I basically love the band, I'll quote mewithoutYou:
"My life is no longer mine"

Anyways, it's kind of exciting thinking about my future, but kind of scary also...
But God is faithful, and I know that.
I just don't always live like he really is.

Any thoughts are welcome if anybody thats reading this has any.
Either way it's nice to be able to write down my thoughts.

Bye the way, my dream would look something like The Cobalt Season mixed with the movie Once...
I highly recommend both.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Your dream life! :P
Oh, you forgot also that you want to be Jake. ;)