Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Goodness


So for Language Arts we have to make a bag and put things on it that represent ourselves.

So I was like...Do I represent peace? That's a good quality to have. 
Then I got to thinking...do I really believe in peace?

Because it's like, I know there won't ever peace as long the world is the way it is.
That's the truth.
And it's been that way for thousands of years.
So really what's the point in in standing for peace?

So I randomly ended up reading a quote from Lord of the Rings that day.

Frodo was talking to Sam about what the point about this was and wanted quit.
Sam told him that they were holding on to something important-like the people from their childhood stories. What were they holding on to?
"There is still some good left in this world...and it's worth fighting for."
That's the truth.
In fact, it's more true than what I said was true before this.

Maybe I should stop being so pessimistic sometimes.
But then again, maybe I should actually evaluate what I believe and what I stand for.

Peace is something worth fighting for.
-Jonathan

1 comment:

Joshua Harkey said...

yeah...

i got a neat thought from church last week... in the lord's prayer it says "your kingdom come, your will be done."
so it was neat to see that we should actively be praying for God's kingdom to come and his will to be done when we see things that aren't right in this world.