Wednesday, September 30, 2009

EP

Hey guys. Things have been pretty good these days, actually. I'm (hopefully) about to get a little more busy with the release of the new Student Life EP this Fall. I've been getting really excited about that. I'm trying to play around with a little bit more of an electronica-rock kind of sound. I think it'll end up sounding a lot more professionally done than our last EP(which was a good starting point, I think).

Working on this kind of project has been really exciting for me personally, though. I just get pumped at the thought of sitting down and coming with little parts that will add to the song and then sitting down and mixing everything in so it sounds just right. I just take great joy in that. There's a little snippet of a mid-progress loop/drum track on my Indaba page at: http://www.indabamusic.com/people/938384046

Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

I've been realizing more and more that this is something that I pretty genuinely love. It's currently kind of my general direction to head when I get out of high school. We'll see where God takes me throughout this year, though. :)

Jonathan

No comments: