Monday, September 29, 2008

Dream

I know I just posted two days ago, but I felt like I should write this down.

So the idea of dreaming has been following me around for the past two days,
and I like to imagine stuff like that isn't a coincidence.
On Sunday I was still really distraught about my whole future thing and my thought life was pretty infested with it. I was basically miserable whenever I wasn't doing anything and had time to think about it.
So anyways, at church there was a band that played called Fade into Focus(they're pretty good), and they were talking about dreaming big and moving in the direction of where your dreams were. I went up to talk to some of the guys playing-Cameron and Preston for a few-cool guys.
Today I was at school and my math  teacher has all of these random posters that are actually pretty genuinely encouraging. I saw one today in the back of the room I hadn't seen before-it said "Move confidently in the direction of your dreams". 
Kind of  crazy really.
When I got home I was doing a bible study based on the Vision poem and it talked about having dreams, but doing more than having dreams. A huge part of it is actually acting on my dreams and passions.  
All of this was really encouraging to me and really gave me a lot of peace that God  knows what he's doing. And I know that he knows what he's doing, but it helps to be reminded of it. 

In the mean time, I'll just be pursuing my dreams and passions :)

-Jonathan

2 comments:

Never_Forsaken said...

hey bro,

thanks for the comment, ya i dont usually post my writings because i dont like them too much and im constantly being undermined for them.

Your passions are a big part of your life, but dont let them control your life. God has plans for you right now, and if you dont focus on them how can you now what he has planned for you later. like you said everything seems to be pointing to following your dreams, but dont forget about your training. nobody goes to the Olympics who as not dedicated some time to their "calling". I hope everything is going great for you bro. Dont stop following your dreams. Love ya man, God bless

Kate Fields said...

i am commenting partially so it will be grammatically correct, and partially because i love you and miss you and know that God will certainly let you know what He wants you to be doing.